Year Ender Vacation


After a year of not traveling outside the country, I finally got to go out this November. I think it was July when we booked our tickets to Taiwan. And I must say, Taiwan is the most inexpensive country I've been to. Like a whole day would only cost you about $25-$30 and it covers up your transportation and food, I mean GOOD food. We only stayed for 3 days so it kind of wasn't enough to wander and explore each area. And mind you, this time in Taiwan it's a little bit cold and their temperature could go from 14 degrees to 16 degrees.

One of the best areas to book a hotel is in Ximen. Or Ximending. The area is very accessible and there is a lot of stores and restaurants in almost every corner.

And if you're done exploring the city, a quick nature getaway would be perfect. For just 100TWD you can ride the Maokong Gondola that reaches up to 1000 feet. Another tip, you have a choice to ride the crystal cabin! And while you're within the area, you can also do a quick visit to Taipei Zoo. I wasn't really a big fan of going to zoo's until I went to Taipei Zoo. I almost *died* when I saw an actual penguin and an actual panda!!

There's this bridge we went to that had an absolutely amazing view of the city. I think it was in Datong District.


Here's a random area in Da-an District where almost every corner deserves a picture. Not only that, but there are so many restaurants that you should try!
 

One thing that you should also NEVER miss is Taipei 101. Although it'll cost you an amount of money to get in, the view makes it so so worth it and you are not gonna regret it. You'll have to go to the 89th floor to get a 360 degree view of Taipei. Plus!! One thing that I recommend you do while you're in Taipei 101 is to buy a postcard and send it to yourself or to your friends. It'll take about a week or two after you get your postcards.



My favorite is Jiufen Old Street but we weren't lucky enough to go there when it wasn't raining. But that didn't stop us. Despite all of those, we managed to take good pics and one thing that Jiufen is really known for is their street food. Almost every food is a must-try! Especially stinky tofu. You can find stinky tofu, EVERYWHERE. But I recommend the ones in Jiufen and Ximen as well.



Since we stayed in Ximen, after a long day, we decided to go to their well-known night market. Every night market is full of goodies you can buy for yourself and maybe some for your friends as well. There is this one intersection area that is a really nice area to take photos. Mind you that I kind of risked my life taking these photos because again, this was in an intersection. Lol. I'm guessing this exact spot is found in the Wanhua District in Ximen.
 

 

 

 

My sister has been to Taiwan so it wasn't much of a hassle to roam around. One of my favorites as well is Chiang Kai Shek. The place is accessible with MRT so a quick visit wouldn't be a waste of time. But again, we weren't lucky enough because the actual memorial hall was under renovation but nonetheless, we got some other photos with the other temples or buildings there.


 






This last one is very optional unless you love hiking. This is in Elephant Mountain Trail and once you get to the very top, you'll get an amazing view of the city especially Taipei 101. We didn't actually get to go to the very top because, yes you got it right, we were too tired and we were drained of energy but we got to this part of the trail where a promising view of the city could be found.


So, there you go! My quick list of the must-go-to places in Taiwan. You could also try visiting www.kkday.com, a platform you can use to plan trips so you could lessen the fuss and trouble while travelling.

M S C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram